Iron Mike – Gruntworks Contributing Blogger
I’ve discovered a new game with strangers online since Socialism has taken a far more mainstream appeal among my generation (Millennials). Find a ‘Socialist’ and ask them this simple question: “What do you see yourself doing for a living after the United States converts to a Socialist country?” After you get done stifling vomit at the thought of a Socialist America, they’re going to answer something in one of the following categories:
1) White collar, air conditioned, 9-to-5, 6-figure job with lots of benefits (Doctor, Lawyer, Engineer, etc.)
2) Low-demand ‘fulfillment job’ that involves something they personally enjoy but is likely not especially lucrative or strenuous (Artist, Musician, Dancer, Writer, Journalist, Model, Photographer, etc.) – this answer will likely be accompanied by how much more ‘valuable’ to society said vocation would become in their Socialist vision as they will blame some variation of ‘Capitalism’ for their current lack of success.
3) Prestigious political leadership position in government or an activist organization
Jobs you will NOT hear them say:
– Furniture mover/Manual Laborer
– Ditch digger
– Picking crops with the illegals they advocate for
– Enlisting in the military
– Police Officer
– Construction Worker
– Sanitation Worker
– Assembly line technician
This will let you in on a very key fact about this generation of ‘Socialists’: they do not actually care about doing what is necessary for ‘the greater good’ of everyone – they care about themselves and their advancement. They are inferior people incapable of bettering themselves or effectively competing in a free society; and they see the state as the arbiter, nay guarantor, of their advancement. They aren’t egalitarians; they are people who look down on the hard-working blue collar patriots they mean to exploit through state wealth redistribution in the process of receiving their every want for ‘free’. They claim they want to ‘work hard’ but never in their life would they see themselves cleaning toilets while the state provides their every need – those jobs are for people who aren’t quite as ‘equal’ as they envision themselves to be. They are failures and frauds, malingerers and malcontents, the greedy and the envious… Thieves who lack the gumption to steal from their neighbors for themselves so they would rather vote the state to do it on their behalf in the name of ‘Human Rights’ and ‘Social Justice’.
A man must earn what he has and pass the character developed by triumph and struggle on to his children that they may have better than he did. The Millennial Socialist is a greedy incompetent child of leisure and instant gratification who will trade their social mobility for immediate comfort they do not deserve, all at the expense of their betters.